This was a simple build. The color is a Pactra RC silver tinted with black.
I started doing more wheel details with this model and several others. I was very happy with the results.
Completed: May 2008
Body prep was simple.
I used black as a base for my Pontiac engine color.
Body in color and clear.
Masked with Parafilm to spray the chrome trim.
Using Tamiya silver with the Parafilm let to great results.
Engine bay masked and sprayed.
I used Testors Boyd’s ice pearl paint over the black base to get the Pontiac color.
The ’66 and ’69 GTO’s were the first kits where I started masking and painting to add detail to the powertrane.
More detail work.
When the windows are installed, it’s usually the sign that the project is nearing completion.
I really enjoyed detail painting the wheels. The success here brought the capability of adding more detail to my kits.
Wheels, wheels, wheels.
They turned out great!
Ready for final assembly.
Posed with other completed projects.
Down the road, I popped the indicators and painted them orange.