I built this kit about 99% box stock. I used Tamiya’s silver which looks great, but was a huge pain to paint. The silver was the easy part, but it left a very rough finish. I sprayed it with a few coats of clear, let it cure, sanded it smooth and then sprayed it with clear again. It turned out very well.
Completed: October 2007
Picture from earlier work. Covered in primer, it was ready for paint.
Color and the first set of coats of clear.
Test fitting the body.
Nearly all of the work is complete. Tamiya tape used to hold the glass in place while the glue dries.
I love the detail in this area. Tamiya always does a nice job. It’s unfortunate there is a pan that covers this.
The exhaust took a little extra motivation to stay in place while the glue cured.