Through April, I made progress on several kits. I finished the interiors for both the 70 GSX and the 70 Roadrunner. I will continue to sing my praises for the Molotow chrome pen! Using the 1 mm pen to pick out interior detail generates amazing results! With the interior completed, I was able to assemble the bulk of the Buick. I also attached the rear bumper. The only thing left on the Buick is to wrap up the front bumper and engine details.
I also made solid progress on the 53 Chevy chassis. Using pieces pilfered from a spare kit, I extended the rear wheel wells to accommodate the lower stance. I also finished gluing all of the floor pan panels. The next step is filling and smoothing out all of the seams.
Any progress is good progress!
I prepared several parts for semi-gloss black detail work.
I added more parts to the Roadrunner engine.
The Roadrunner interior is complete! Although the 1:1 version of the car had a black steering wheel, my mistake added much needed color to the interior.
The Camaro and Roadrunner are almost ready for clear-coat
I decided to try and dry-brush detail the shifter lettering and instrument cluster. It turned out all right.
I needed to continue the hood “decals” to the cowl. Using the hood as a template, I was able to easily extend the lines using masking tape.
Once everything else was masked, it was time to spray.
The hood stripes are painted. Now it’s time for clear.
A messy bench is a busy bench.
The GSX’s interior looks great through the window!
I attached the GSX’s rear bumper.
Now that the body is attached, there are only a few more details necessary to complete the model.
In order to give the 53 Chevy proper wheel wells, I used a spare chassis to provide parts.
The floor pan repairs have been completed. It’s time for filler to smooth out the seams.
Although it is still really rough, I’m pleased with the progress.
Using CA glue and a kicker made the chassis work very quick and easy.