I’m happy to say that I’ve been fairly productive this month! I was able to finish the ’65 Corvette and 928 Porsche projects. I was made progress on the ’68 Corvette. I finished detailing the engine including plug wires as well as set the ride height and attach the suspension. Wrapping up the month, I finished the body work on the VW bus and started spraying color. See the pictures for more details.
The 928 completion came down to detailing the tail lights. My early attempt at painting them was not successful. After carefully studying the parts, I saw that I could mask and spray the black areas.
Once the black areas dried, I hand painted the colors.
I backed the tail lights with metal foil and glued them in place.
The 928 is now complete!
One of the biggest challenges of the ’65 vette was setting the front suspension. Here, I’m testing things out with plenty of tape.
Wheels for the ’65 ‘vette were detailed and ready for installation.
At this point, I still wasn’t sure if I wanted to use Pegasus wheels or the wheels that came with the kit.
The wheels finally glued in place.
Misc exhaust and trim pieces being painted.
Once I committed to it, the interior for the ’65 went together quickly.
The engine is ready to be installed.
I sprayed the chassis for the VW golf race car.
I used quite a bit of CA glue to attach the body to the chassis on the Vette. I used the fan to make sure the fumes didn’t leave residue.
The underside of the ’65 turned out well.
The completed ‘Vette posed with a picture of its inspiration.
The chassis, less wheels, is completely assembled for the ’68 ‘vette
I sprayed the bus and parts matte silver…without realizing it was matte. There were blemishes in the paint that would show. I resolved the issue in December.