This Chevy was my second attempt at a custom. I used hobby putty for all of the body work. The hobby putty was so soft I really struggled to make it look right. It took me a long time to work through the difficulties, but the final result was excellent. I used all of the custom body pieces that came with the kit, a 427 corvette engine and ’79 Camaro wheels.
I’ve been contemplating a rework that would include solder exhaust pipes, wheels and possibly a complete new chassis.
A 427 from a ’65 vette was wired and wedged in place of the inline 6.
Shaving all of the trim made a huge difference in the overall look of the car.
I frenched the head lights and used the aftermarket grill and lower valance to clean up the front end.
The tail lights were also frenched. I used the custom rear valence and blended it into the back of the kit.
The window trim was elimated
The chrome rock guards on the rear quarters were blended into the fender.
I used ’79 Camaro wheels to wrap up the details of