Having taken on several projects that were not related to building models, it was a few months before I touched any of my projects. I did mange to wrap up the detail work on the Split Window Bug’s body and finished the Buick GSX. Towards the end of the month, I painted a bug body for a kit my son was building. This was the nudge I needed to start working on all of my ongoing projects.
I finished detailing the front of the GSX grill and attached the bugs head lights.
I also finished adding the rear end details to the bug.
In order to get my motivation going to build models, I started painting a bug body for my son.
The beetle body was done and ready to be attached to the chassis….which wasn’t ready yet.
I attached the odd mismatched side mirrors.
I finished the Buick’s engine details and declared the project complete!
My son wanted a purple bug and he got it. I also started working on the 53 Chevy interior.
To preserve detail, I masked the portions of the dash that wouldn’t be body color.
My son’s bug really helped me find the motivation I needed to get busy!