After July, my progress ground to a halt. Too many other projects and obligations took priority over building models. That’s just how things work out sometimes. Even with the limited time for work, I was able to wrap up a few projects and make some progress on others.
I finished up the year by completing my ’71 GTX rework as well as the ’70 Challenger rework. I decided to build a new interior for the Challenger. The extra detail was worth the effort. I was also pleased to start moving forward with the VW bus, a project I started in 2005 and set aside. I also elected to finish the final 1/32 kit (Nissan S13 Sileighty) that I had never intended to finish. I had been using it as an airbrush spray test and it was covered in some unknown layers of paint. Using the Castrol degreaser, I was able to strip it down to bare plastic and paint it right. It wasn’t my favorite of the set of four, but the detail work I did on the lights turned out the best. I only wished I had thought to use a sharpie to outline the lens detail prior to painting. I could strip them and start over….
Models completed in 2014: