No models this month…but that’s ok. In the span of a year, I was able to finish several projects. Some old and some new. The new techniques I’ve learned have also had a very positive impact on the quality of my builds. I’m very grateful for that!
Finished this year:
Not that long ago, my son commented that he wanted an RC truck that could go through the snow. I thought, why not an old Clodbuster? After missing a few auctions on Ebay, I finally snagged one at a decent price. For about $200 shipped, I had saved about $100 over a brand new one.
I knew I would be modifying the truck when I got it so saving a few bucks up front would be a good idea. I quickly upgraded to an axle mounted server kit for the front, upgraded to T-Maxx oil filled shocks, and added a full ball bearing kit. Oh…and I added LED’s for head lights!
In retrospect, I wish I had bought a brand new truck. The tires are really hard from age and the parts tend to be more brittle than I expected. As any bottomless pit project goes, I will probably do a 4-link conversion and replace the tires. That being said, the truck has been a blast!